Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Latinos Dissed Again

First the Good News. We have talented Latinos, ready to hit the ground running on day one, now for the reason for this post. As you are all aware Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton will be leaving her Senate post. Political junkie that I am I searched to find who was being considered for the her post. I saw Andrew Cuomo names being bandied about. I even heard from a source that former President Bill Clinton would like the post. But not one Latino name. Why was there no mention of Congresswoman Nydia Velasquez name? We have many talented Latinos I mention Congresswoman Velasquez because a dear friend told me she wanted this spot so I looked and sure enough we Latinos were left out in the cold. We are a warm a loving people with loud voices it is time to lend those voices to our bothers and sisters trying to make a difference. Let remind the Obama transition that yes they can but without Latinos no se puede! Que viva la raza!

3 comments:

Kirsti said...

What do you think of the possibility that Adolfo Carrion Jr. would be named to Clinton's Senate seat? According to an op-ed piece in this morning's post, he is among the 20 plus persons under consideration.

Rabbi Darlene Cocco-Adams said...

His name is also on a list for Secretary of HUD. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Rabbi Darlene Cocco-Adams said...

Hey Kristy; I would love to see the op ed piece. Carrion name was also mentioned for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.